Friday, November 8, 2013

Great Black and White Photographers Pt. 3

1.What first caught my eye about the photographers photos was the live war scenes depicted. The emotion was also very strong in many of his pictures.
2. I see... a massive explosion right up a head. And another, all around me all I can see for miles is bodies, soot, and more explosions.
I smell... Gunpowder and blood, shots being fired all around, bodies strewn across the battlefield. My nose if filled with the stench of death. Of war.
I hear... yelling and screaming..."BOOM!" . A giant explosion has left me temporarily deaf. All I can hear now is ringing.
I taste... a johnny cake, as I take rations and supplies from fallen soldiers. They wont be needing it anymore.
I feel... helpless as my fellow comrades fall to the ground before my very eyes. I feel defeated, for the enemy has taken my kin.
I see... a squad of soldiers on point, ready to fire. I also see a fallen soldier lying lifeless.
I smell... the burnt flesh of my own as well as the enemy. I smell gunpowder and sulfur lingering in the air.
I hear... soldiers screaming for help. I hear leaders yelling commands and i hear the cries of those who have lost someone dear to them.
I taste... a metallic taste in my mouth. Blood. I must have been shot because I am now bleeding profusely.
I feel... overwhelmed, I didn't sign up for this! They got me with the draft!
3. I would like to build a poster to show the great piece of imagery captured by this artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment